There are multiple factors that can prevent a recipient from being notified. Follow these steps to figure out what's going on:
1. Check to see if the recipient's Contact Preference is switched to “OFF":
- If it's "OFF," switch it to "Default," "Email," "SMS," or "Slack"
- Also make sure the recipient's contact information is correct
- This article explains how to do both of these things
A recipient's Contact Preference can "OFF" for two reasons:
- Someone at your property logged in your Dashboard and switched the recipient's Contact Preference to "OFF"
- Your staff has been ignoring Requests To Forward.
2. If the recipient has a Contact Preference and correct contact information, check to see if there is a duplicate record for that person in your Dashboard:
- Duplicate records for a person in your Dashboard can prevent the correct recipient from getting notifications.
- This can easily be fixed with a merge.
3. If steps 1 and 2 do not explain the issue, the recipient might not have seen their notifications for the following reasons:
- Spam Filters--Sometimes Package Zen notifications get filtered into spam, so have the recipient check their spam folder
- Image Quality Issues--If images taken at your property are too difficult to process (if they're skewed, too blurry, zoomed out too far, etc), then notifications cannot be sent. Make sure every Package Zen user at your property completes the tutorial on the mobile app so they understand how to capture images correctly.
- Items are checked out and not checked in--Sometimes Package Zen users accidentally check out an item instead of checking it in. Since Package Zen doesn't send notifications for check-outs, this prevents notifications from being sent. You can verify that an item was checked out instead of checked in by searching for it in your Item Log.
If you've encountered none of these issues and a recipient still isn't getting their notifications, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.