Package Zen statuses tell you which items are in your custody and which ones aren’t.
When receiving issues arise at your property, statuses are designed to help guide your response.
You can also filter items by status in the Item Log to refine your searches.
Here’s a breakdown of what each status means:
Statuses for items in your custody
- Checked In: You have a photographic record of the item captured via the Package Zen Mobile App at the exact time it was received at your property. A recipient hasn’t picked up the item and it remains in your possession.
Statuses for items no longer in your custody
- Checked Out: You have a photographic record of the item captured via the Package Zen Mobile App at the exact time it was handed to its recipient. You also have a record of the recipient’s signature at the exact time the item left your custody.
- Staff Confirmed: The item was not checked out via the Package Zen Mobile App, but your staff knows exactly to whom the item was handed, when the item left their custody, and who handed the item to the recipient. Your staff used the staff confirmation process in the Package Zen Web Dashboard to vouch that an item is no longer in their custody.
- Staff Resolved: The item was not checked out via the Package Zen Mobile App, but your staff is certain that the item is no longer in their possession and used the staff confirmation process. However, unlike “Staff Confirmed,” they don’t have all the relevant details.
- Recipient Confirmed: The item was not checked out via the Package Zen Mobile App, but the item’s recipient confirmed that they received the item via a link in the delivery notification or reminder.
Resolving Receiving Issues
If a recipient claims not to have received their item, Package Zen statuses can help you determine how to resolve this issue.
For example, if an item is Checked Out, you can show the recipient the photo taken during the Check Out on the mobile app and look up who signed for the item.
If the item is Staff Confirmed, you can look up which staff member confirmed the item and refer to them to figure out where the item went.
Checking out items via the mobile app with clear and complete images of the shipping labels is the only way to ensure your records are 100% accurate.
The Staff Confirmed and Recipient Confirmed options are provided as backup methods to note chain of custody when a Check Out on the Package Zen Mobile App isn’t possible.